Monday, April 4, 2016

WEEK 1 EOC: Great customer service

"  It seems that Zappos is really the poster child for this new age of consumer companies that truly are customer focused."








                     I have been a lover of comics since I  was a little girl reading my dad's Sunday times and flipping to the section filled with the Sunday Comics. After finishing high school I came upon a Comic Book store and discovered my love for the comic book. What differentiates comics from books is not only is their a story but each one is filled with drawings that bring the story to life and even gives the read a new way to connect to the story. Personally I have been drawing since the age of 5 and for me comics books is what helped me learn how to draw. I would take my favorite image out of a comic book and try to recreate it in my sketchbook.
                     So this past Friday night while at first Friday I popped into the comic book store called Hellpop Comics but only browsed and the various selections of comics . The following day when I went back to pick up my abstract art which had been up on display for sale at The Eden gallery I thought to myself heck why not take a quick look again at the comic books at Hellpop Comics. The cool guy working at the comic book store was very nice and he and I started talking about comic books and he even introduced me to a comic series I never heard of which was called "Outcast." As I walked around the store he helped me find the comic book series called The Maxx . Confession must be made I am  an avid comic book junkie and being helped by a comic book expert i couldn't help myself I started a small comic book pile of which I had to figure out how many I would actually purchase. When it came time for me to make my final decision I told the cool Comic Book store guy that I was dreading what the total was going to be. He was so cool and said "Hey I will give you a discount 15% off and when he totaled it ended up giving me 20% off my entire purchase.
                 Overall my experience shopping at Hellpop Comics was an amazing one not only did I get introduced to a new comic series that I can't wait to read. I found my old comic series The Maxx which has been revamped and brought back into print and best of all I was given 20% off. I would definitely recommend Hellpop Comics to any avid comic book collector or first time comic book collector.  The guys who work at Hellpop comics are highly knowledgeable and work at the store purely because they want to share their love for the comics and want you to feel at home and not ever feel pressured to have to buy a comic book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment